Sunday, September 12, 2010

The good, the great and the new.

I finally made it to the lovely country of Spain after a full 24 hours of traveling. The last two days I've spent trying to recover from jet leg, and making the following observations about this foreign land...

1) America: Get from point A to point B as fast as possible.
Spain: Leave point A, stop at a sidewalk cafe for drinks, see friends and chat, arrive two hours later to point B.
2) America: Devour lunch in a rush to fit your 30 minute lunch break.
Spain: Causally eat and converse. And whats eating without a nap afterwards. Lunch break = Min. of 2 hours.
3) America: Drink your super grande, non-fat latte for hours.
Spain: Espresso+sugar, drink and done.
4) America: Greet with "Hello, how are you" and a flimsy handshake.
Spain: A kiss on each cheek, even for complete strangers.

The list goes on and on, but I'll stop here. I can't imagine what else I'll have to recount once I begin to explore the city a but more. For now, I'm enjoying my leisurely meals and daily espresso (x3) and can't wait for whats to come. Pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. If you are drinking espresso x3 I think you might come back 10 pounds heavier x3. I could do the long lunch and a nap, but kissing strangers seems like a good way to spread the flu...or hepatitis. Is there a Torero major that you can take at the Univ of Barcelona?

    Aloha

    ReplyDelete