Monday, September 20, 2010

Busy busy weekend!

My first real weekend in Spain was loco! I tried to calculate, and I easily walked 20 miles between my adventures in Olesa (where I live) and Barcelona (20 minutes from Olesa.) Friday night I went to La Ramblas, which is hard to describe. It's a very long, crowded street, where anything you could ever want to buy (and plenty of things you don't) are sold.) I bought a baby turtle, and Tomas (the 4 year old I take care of) is insistent that his name must be Pepitio. They're also tons of people dressed up as "statues" with very intricate costumes, varied from a cross dressed Marilyn Monroe, to outfits completely made of tinfoil. It's a very wild place to be, and would take days to truly inhale it all, so I'll return soon.
Saturday I met up with some friends in Olesa (yes.. I made friends here!) They showed me around Olesa, all the "cool spots to hang out." Then we decided to head to the beach in Barcelona. It was wonderful; warm water, white sand... and unfortunately, to many topless old ladies and pant-less men. But I'm in Europe now, I guess I should get used to it.
Sunday I had my own personal tour guide (one of my new friends) to show me the sights in Barcelona. I saw countless things, which i'll describe in detail later. My days disappointment was learning the bullfighting has recently been outlawed, so no bullfights for me (sorry Alli, this means no matadors!) But it's actually a big debate between the government and bullfighters, so who knows, there may be hope for me later on!

1 comment:

  1. Um... are you kidding me?! All I talk about is you finding me a matador, and then what?!?!!? it's outlawed. the world is unjust. But besides that horrible tragedy, it sounds awesome!! I hope you are buying tons of amazing things to bring back and show us (aka presents :D) but I really enjoy these little insights into your days, keep going cuz i miss you terrribly. <3 <3 love you!

    ReplyDelete