Monday, November 22, 2010

American holiday in a chinese resturant with an Irish friend in Spain

Now that the holidays are coming up, I'm starting to have my first case of homesickness. Thus far, I've had times of missing my family, my friends, and random objects that can't be found in Spain, but now i'm experiencing ligament homesickness. The thought of not being with my family for Christmas is just so strange, and on top of that, I'm apprehensive about spending it with my family here, since we will be with all of there relatives, and I'll be the strange american girl in the corner. I'm sure my nerves are just making me dramatic, but it is going to be an unusual Christmas. And it's odd how much you can miss the little things, like baking christmas cookies, watching Christmas movies, and the worst, a REAL christmas tree. But I'm trying to be positive, and think how amazing of an experience it will be to have christmas in Spain. Thanksgiving is this Thursday, and I'm taking that one a little better, and have made a date with an Irish girl I met here, to have "thanksgiving dinner" at a chinese restaurant here in Olesa. I just find that one kind of humorous and figure I can't have a much more international dinner then that.

Other tidbits:
-I started my internship this week, and I couldn't be happier. The photographer is so kind, and really is willing to help me in whatever way he can. He's reviewing my portfolio now, and we're lining up shoots and assignments that I can go out with him on to observe. He's also helping me organize my own editorial project that I can be working on while I'm here. I think I will learn so much, and have such a great portfolio and resume when I start looking for jobs or internships back home.

- Harry Potter+in Spanish= 10x better
I did feel a little stupid though, because we showed up 45 mins early to the showing, so we'd get good seats, and almost sprinted into the theater as soon as it was open, only to learn they were assigned seats, so it was all a waste. But the movie was excellent and really added to my spanish vocabulary (if I ever needed to cast spells that is.)

2 comments:

  1. ligament homesickness? A ligament connects your bones to other bones. Not to be confused with a tendon, which connects bones to muscle. I think you meant "legitimate." Well I'm off to make duplicites of some pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAA! i was gonna say the ligament thing, but w/e you're in Spain, i guess you can be forgiven. I hope all your holiday stuff goes well!! and i "ligamentally" missss youu!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete